In this on-going series of Masterclasses, Michael will demonstrate procedures and methods used by the world’s greatest Masters for over six centuries.
These procedures take you through the art of the start by capturing the figures’ contrapposto gestural rhythms. We will cover the proportions and landmarks that one needs to successfully draw the human form. You will learn how to capture the pose, its position, orientation, and rotation in space and much more.
Michael will do comprehensive demonstrations to begin the day, and we will draw from live models during the afternoons. Additional demonstrations and individual critiques will be given during the seven-minute model breaks. Space is limited, reserve your spot here.
- Time & Date:
- 10:30am – 11:15am — Demo
- 11:30am – 2:30pm — Model Session
- Cost: $45 per day
- ($35 to attend Model Session only)
Studio Address (view on Google Maps):
3306 Wiley Post, Studio 104, Carrollton, TX. 75006
Master Class Descriptions:
- Jan. 10th — PROPORTION — Introduction to the Cranial Index.
- Jan. 17th — LANDMARKS — The Structural Landmarks of the Figure.
- Jan. 24rd — ASPECTS — Establishing the Axis, Angles, and Alignments.
- Jan. 31st — NAVIGATION — Creating the Notional Space
- Feb. 7th — San Antonio Workshop No Class
- Feb. 14th — Valentines Day No Class
- Feb. 28th — GESTALT — Establishing the Gesture of the Whole.
- Mar. 6th — RHYTHMS — Finding the Linear and Tonal Rhythms.
- Mar. 14th — ALIGNMENTS — Locating Gamuts and Coincidences.
- Mar. 21th — VOLUMES — The Mass Conceptions of the Human Form.
- Mar. 28th — INTERSECTIONS — Y & T Interlocks and Intersections.
- Apr. 3rd — THE THREE T’s — Tilt, Twists, and Turns.
- Apr. 10th — YIN YANG — Dynamic Relationships
Please bring your own art supplies. All Easels, Academy Benches, and Drawing Boards and Clips will be provided by the studio. (Please do not bring your own easels) We will take a short lunch break, so feel free to bring a snack. However, the model will be posing during this break; students who prefer to work through the whole session will be able to do so.